The students’ representative council is a very important development in Barefield N.S. The members of the council are elected each year by the pupils themselves.
The Chairperson of this year’s Students’ Council is Ríona and the Secretary is Ailbhe. There are also representatives from each class. The other members of the Students’ Council are Daniel, Claudine, Ali, David, Eoghan, Díarmuid, Shane, Emily, Colm, Ingrid, Patrick, Elena and Lola. Meetings are held at regular intervals.
We have a Students’ Council in our school because all children have the right to express their views in matters affecting them. The Students’ Council is a way of giving the pupils of Barefield N.S. a voice.
The Students’ Council:
- listens to what pupils in the school have to say
- represents the pupils and voices the pupils’ opinions and ideas
- consults and cooperates with all other members of the school community on issues that are of concern to the pupils
- keeps the rest of the school informed about issues being discussed and decisions being made
- helps to improve the relationship between teachers and students by keeping the lines of communication open at all times
- suggests ideas and comes up with plans to improve the school environment for students
- gets involved in activities for the benefit of the school, the local community and the wider world
Students’ Council related posts:
Mr. Murray’s Fifth class enjoying Enginneers Week 2019
It was a pleasure to open our school on Thursday 24th of January 2019 to all perspective parents. It was lovely to meet such enthusiastic parents and a great opportunity for staff and pupils to [...]
Ms. Keane and the Barefield N.S Students Council organised another fantastic collection for Clare Care, Clare Haven and St. Vincent de Paul this year. Ms. Keane, the Students Council and the charities would like to [...]
Split the Pot Gallery1st Mr. Burns 2017/18, 1st Mr. Frawley 2017/18, 2nd Mr. Chambers 2017/18, 2nd Ms. Baker 2017/18, 3rd Ms. McMahon 2017/18, 3rd/4th Ms. Raftery 2017/18, 4th Ms. Corrigan 2017/18, 5th Mr. Murray 2017/18, 5th Ms. O’Connor 2017/18, 6th Mr. McMahon 2017/18, 6th Ms. Quinn 2017/18, Board of Management, JI Ms. Keane 2017/18, JI Ms. Kilcawley 2017/18, News, Parents' Association, SI Ms. Daly 2017/18, SI Ms. Power 2017/18, Student's Council, Uncategorized
As part of the Barefield National School Fundraising committee, we are introducing “Split the Pot”. This is a voluntary and exciting initiative where funds collected during the week are split evenly between a lucky winner [...]
Princes, princesses, fairies and knights filled our classrooms today. Corridors and playgrounds were buzzing with fun and excitement. A fabulous fashion show of creativity and colour was all around our school. Our Parents' Association had [...]